Category Archives: Knitting

Monday Knitting

The last Monday of February 2021 started off with snow and sleet, and now we have bright sun and an afternoon nearing 40F. I’m currently sitting in a sunbeam, knitting a washcloth bundle from these beautiful colors, and thinking ahead to warmer temperatures. Not that I’m ready for spring — I’m not looking to jump that far ahead, but I could use the break from the snow. Maybe a week of sun and 50F, where we could get out for a walk without sliding around. 🙂

Photo: One yellow and one green washcloth, along with a set of circular knitting needles, and skeins of orange and multicolor cotton yarn.

As we’re about a week out from March (yes, March — how did that happen?), I’m looking ahead on my to-do list. I’m working on some new listings for the shop, and I’m itching to knit something different. The recent weather has me inspired to try a cardigan, which would be way outside of my comfort zone. I just need to poke around at patterns to see what I like, and what yarn I’d need.

Have a good week! Let me know what you’re working on, or hoping to get started on.

¿Hola cómo estás?

It was a busy day – boxed up an order and got that off to the post office. Completed some business related to-do items. And I began working on some washcloths that are using up all the leftover bits of skeins.

Image of a 1980's era Spanish textbook and a knit washcloth

I decided to drag out an old text book while I was working this afternoon, and see what I remember from high school Spanish. Verdict: I remember more than I thought I did, but not enough to make much sense when speaking it. 😁

Slow February Start – 8 Feb 2021

2021 has kind of run over me a few times, but I’m slowly peeling myself off the ground. If anyone tells you running a business is easy, they are either not doing any substantial business, or have people that do all the hard work for them, or they are lying to you. Possibly all three, I don’t know. What I do know is that inventory and year-end bookkeeping closeout and tax prep makes me a very crazy woman. 😀

However, I am seeing light at the end of the business-work tunnel. And I am finally getting back to some crafting!

Washcloths in Pomegranate, Lilac Mist and Sea Turtle

I just finished knitting up this custom order while sitting by a sunny window. It’s not even all that cold out, but it felt good to just sit in a sunbeam. I also had a space heater going. It felt quite wonderful, actually. But the sun is going down now, and I’ve had to get up from my sunny spot to (gently) toss these washcloths into the machine for a quick swimmy swim prior to shipping out.

I’m not sure what I’m up to next. I have a lot of ideas for new or slightly different product. I’m trying not to buy any more yarn inventory unless it’s directly related to orders, so anything I’m making has to work with the yarn I have. 🙂 Updates coming soon.

Friday Afternoon Crafting

Knitting with a little afternoon sun in the mix.🌞 It’s a perfect day to be inside and crafting because holy moly is it cold and windy out! At least it’s sunny. We are expecting snow for Sunday and Monday though. * . +

Have a wonderful weekend! If you’re in the snow zone, please be safe and stay warm!

Two MultiGreen Washcloths

And if you’re looking for your own set of hand knit washcloths or dishcloths, head on over to my Etsy store – lots of options available, including bundles where you can choose your own colors!